Monday, July 09, 2007

Forever Young

I am officially hooked on the Facebook. Gotta keep up with the young'ns these days...

Meantime, I had a little meat and fried food fest last week in celebration of the 4th. The expansion of my culinary repertoire here constantly amazes me, especially with somewhat limited resources. Although I can now do without meat or fried food for another year...

Other fun news: my digestive critters are back. Fortunately, I have confirmed that is not connected (directly, at least) to the meat and fried food. None of my guests -- at least the ones I have run into since Wednesday -- have accused me of poisoning them!

Unfortunately, my landlord is convinced that I possess the secret means of turning the electricity back on in my house, which I don't. We quickly reached an impasse. So, the hottest week of the year (so far) and there has been no juice since last Tuesday. At one point, I was lying in bed convinced I would get brain damage from my 103+ degree fever (damn s%#t critters), unable to turn on my precious fan!

Ahhh... time for another vacation! I was planning my last few "to-do's" in Morocco (Essaouira and Toubkal), but now thinking a short European escape wouldn't be the worst thing!

1 comment:

cory said...

let me know about that european escape. i hope you're feeling better!